This tiny State is located entirely within Italian territory. It is one of the oldest Republics in the world. The capital rises on the slopes of Mount Titano (739 m high) and presents a medieval old town consisting of cobbled streets and surrounded by walls. On the three peaks of the mountain there are the three towers, fortresses dating back to the eleventh century.
To be seen
- the cableway that goes up towards the historic center with a beautiful view
- Monastery of Santa Chiara
- Palazzo Pubblico
- Church of San Quirino
- The gate of the village and the Church of San Francesco
- Basilica of the Saint
- The walk between the 3 towers with an incredible view of the coast.
- State Museum
- Museum of San Francesco
- Museum of Ancient Arms
- Modern and Contemporary Art Gallery
- Museum of the Emigrant
- Museum of Curiosities (Ascent to the Fortress, 26 – SM City)
- Waxworks Museum (via Lapicidi Marini, 17 – SM Città)
- Museum of Modern Arms (Contrada della Pieve, 2 – SM Città)
- Torture Museum (Porta San Francesco Side – SM City)
- Red Maranello Collection (Strada dei Censiti, 21 – Falciano)
- Museum of Peasant Civilization and Traditions of the Republic of San Marino (Strada di Montecchio, 11 – SM Città).